Saturday, April 18, 2009

First Post

Hello:
This is my third time trying and with Jeramy's help I may have made it this time.

I wanted to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the lovely dinner and visit. It was so fun and everything was so delicious. Thank you Cindy also for setting me up on a blog. I will use this to let you know from time to time how Arlyn is doing. I appreciate all your support and caring and I know how much it means to Arlyn also.

We were so full from the dinner we forgot to cut the beautiful Kelly cake but wow did we have fun showing it off to our neighbors. Eli and Peter thought it was a treasure cake and all the cute frosting gifts were just for them. They swipped, saved, ate and savored them. What a talent Kelly has and the cake was so good. You are all so good to us and so dear.

We enjoy reading all the blogs so much and getting to follow what is going on with each of you. You are all so amazing and I love to sit Arlyn down by me on the computer to see the pictures of what you are doing when he is having a good day. I am learning to better manage his medications and he has some days that he gets around pretty good and can interact with us. Every day I just ask Heavenly Father to help me to make this a good day for him and give me the strength and health to keep him clean and safe and happy. Right now he is sitting outside in the sunshine enjoying watching the little kids play in the yard. Every few days he wakes up in the night and says, "lets get in the car and drive to Calif. and visit Jef. " He says we will take him to dinner and then drive back the next day. Some days we can laugh and talk and enjoy each other and at other times I have to take the phone off the hook so he won't call the FBI to come and investigate all the strange things he sees and worries about. I like to look at the pictures of the trips we have taken and the happy times over the last 20 years and it helps me through the hard times with him. He has been so caring and loving to me over all these years that caring for him now is not a burden in any way. I am so lucky to have him and to be a part of his wonderful family. Thank you again to all of you--We love you.

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are set up to blog. It is so great to be able to hear from you!

    We are studying neurology right now and it has been both interesting and heartbreaking to learn more about Parkinson's and so many of these other debilitating diseases. I am glad to hear that grandpa is still having some good days that you can enjoy.

    Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to have you blogging! It is so hard to be so far away and always be wondering what is going on, but the worst part is not being able to help in any way.

    We sure wish we could have been there for the birthday dinner. Any time we get to come is always way too short a visit for us.

    We love and miss you all. Thanks for posting, it is one more thing for us to be excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad to see the blog is working. I've been thinking I need to get up there and see if you are having problems with it. I'm glad Jeramy was able to help. As soon as Alyssa gets the flute she made in ceramics we are going to run up on a Saturday afternoon and show you, since Dad is always asking if she brought any of her ceramics.

    Now we need to get your kids blogging so we can really have the whole family on here.

    Thanks for everything you do for Dad. You are amazing and we love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to see you on the blog. I enjoyed coming over for dinner and spending some time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing lady and we all love and respect you for your caring ways. It is fun to think back over the years and remember you and Ron singing at Sheryl's wedding. So beautiful. I hope one day you can get pack to performing for others, it would be terrible not to use that talent! Good luck to you and we want you to know that we all pray for you to have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to see you blogging too. I miss everyone on that side of the family. I am glad I started blogging with everyone so I can see what everyone has been up to and feel not so far away from everyone. I miss you guys I hope you are doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea Joyce.. It am overjoyed to see that you are able to read the blogs and blog as well. I can't believe that dad thinks about me so much. You are such a wonderful person, and you have no idea how much we appreciate all that you do for dad..

    I so miss you and I am going to try and make it out again before the fall.. And this time you all need to be there. And I mean you all.. Sarah, Denise... etc... etc... no excuses this time.. I need to see y'all.. Love and Kisses

    ReplyDelete